Providing construction materials since 1921.
The Pennsylvania Supply Company was founded in 1921 by Walter Mumma to provide quality building materials to contractors in Dauphin and Cumberland counties. Over the years, the company expanded by acquiring quarries in the Pennsylvania and Delaware regions.
In 1993, Pennsy Supply became a member of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a leading international company. In 1999 Pennsy Supply acquired Slusser Brothers, a construction company that was a major contributor to the infrastructure improvement in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties, based in Hazelton, Pennsylvania. In 2012, Slusser Brothers was renamed Pennsy Supply, North Region. In 2007 Pennsy Supply acquired McMinn's Asphalt and Lancaster Ready Mix companies which was operated by Pennsy Supply. The third part of our region, formally named Tilcon Delaware, is now called Pioneer Materials. At Pioneer Materials, we manufacture sand and gravel to service the Delaware region. In 2012 we entered our Pioneer Concrete business into a joint venture with Heritage Concrete of York, PA. This operation provides the entire Delaware region with ready mix concrete out of 7 different locations in Northern and Central Delaware. Currently, Pennsy Supply employs over 1,100 people throughout our organization.